Obituary - Irma S. Wilson

 

Irma S. Wilson, 86, of Main Street, Kennerdell, died Monday, March 3, 2003, after an extended illness.

Born April 5, 1916, in Swissvale, she was the daughter of Edward C. and Katherine M. Schmalz Schobert.

She attended Edgewood High School and attended night classes at Carnegie Tech.

Mrs. Wilson retired as an executive secretary from Westinghouse.

She was a member of the Union Presbyterian Church in Clintonville, where she was organist and active choir director for years.

Mrs. Wilson also belonged to The Schubert Musical and Literary Club of Oil City, was a cellist with the Venango Chamber Orchestra and held membership in the Pennsylvania and the National Federation of Music Clubs.

She also was the Veterans Affairs representative of music at the Department of Veterans Affairs at the Medical Center in Butler.

Mrs. Wilson was a past president of the Women's Club of Clintonville and was very active in the Kennerdell Music & Arts Festival.

She was married in 1965 to W. Burt Wilson, who died in September 1970.

Surviving are a stepson, Blaine Wilson of Butler; several stepgrandchildren and step-great-grandchildren; and several close neighbors and friends.

In addition to her parents and husband, Mrs. Wilson was preceded in death by three stepchildren, Glenn Wilson, Mrs. Phyllis Moore and Mrs. Mary Jane Sanford; a sister, Stella Lehmann; and five brothers, Carl, Alfred, Edward, Dravo and George Sigmond.

A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, April 12, in the Union Presbyterian Church in Clintonville. The Rev. Howard Gaston, pastor of the Second Presbyterian Church in Oil City, will officiate.

Arrangements are in charge of the Larry E. McKinley Funeral Home, 109 Emlenton St., Clintonville.

Memorials may be made to the Venango Chamber Orchestra, in care of George Wilbur, 102 E. Fifth St., Oil City, 16301.